Guildwood Cat Relief
Guildwood Cat Relief is a small, private network of foster homes that work together to find loving, permanent homes for cats and kittens in need.
Our kitties come from east Scarborough and further afield and include many that have been abandoned or surrendered due to their owner's illness, allergies, loss of housing or financial crisis. Some are young and some are old; some are healthy and some need restorative veterinary care.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic Guildwood Cat Relief has made the following changes:
1. Adopt-a-thons have been cancelled until further notice in order to practice social distancing.
1. We are currently not accepting any applications for volunteers.
2. We have reduced the number of volunteers coming to care for the kitties at the holding home. Please do not fear our kitties are being well taken care of.
3. We have increased the number of times we are disinfecting surfaces such as cages, carriers, and anything else the volunteers and kitties touch.
3. Our social media and webpage staff are still working hard and will now be answering messages and emails outside of regular office hours.
Regarding Adoptions and Foster Programs
1. We are still doing adoptions and adoption applications must be submitted online. COVID-19 screening has been added to this application.
2. The fostering and foster-to-adopt programs are still running. Applications for fostering and the foster-to-adopt program must be submitted online. COVID-19 screening has been added to this application.
3. PPE will be required for both the applicant and the representative from Guildwood Cat Relief when completing an adoption or bring a cat to a new foster home.
We hope everyone stays safe during this difficult time.
Did You Know?
Our executive director Sylvia Mittler has been selected as a Guildwood Village Hero?
Please read the article about her using this link:
Congratulations Sylvia on your many years of service to the cats and the Guildwood community.
Get Well Soon Board
July 11, 2020 - Penelope, chronic IBD
July 11, 2020 - Crackle, hyperthyroidism, senility
May 26, 2020 - Kenny, chronic IBD and heart murmur
November 24, 2019 - Zachariah, late-stage kidney disease
November 24, 2019 - Mauric, hyperthyroidism, heart murmur
Recently Deceased Board
May 2, 2020 - Zoe, medium-hair torbie
Cats recently rescued or surrendered to GCR
Makayla (female, shorthair, tabby) - estimated 1-2 years old
Westly (male, shorthair) - estimated 2-3 years old
Margareet (female, shorthair) - estimated 9-10 months
Owen Classic Tabby Kitten (male, shorthair) - 9.5 weeks
Ophelia Grey Tabby Kitten (female, shorthair) - 9.5 weeks
Roxie Classic Tabby (female, shorthair) - estimated 10 years old
Crooks Torbie (female, shorthair) - estimated 5 years old
Bridges Black Tortie (female, shorthair) - estimated 5 years